These are the installation instructions for the eclipse tools/extensions that I’ve been frequently using:
- First, install latest eclipse cdt, here.
- Add the mylyn site ( http://download.eclipse.org/mylyn/releases/latest ) to the installation locations, for up-to-date info, here.
Redmine Mylyn Connector
- Add the mylyn connector site ( http://redmin-mylyncon.sourceforge.net/update-site/N/ ) to the installation locations, for up-to-date info, here.
- Add the subclipse update site ( http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.6.x ) to the locations, for up-to-date info, here.
- First apt-get the valgrind package.
- More info about the valgrind tool, here. Especially, “massif” becomes handy, if you’re doing memory extensive processes.
- My personal file template for GNU GPL V3, here.
Tips & Tricks
Creating an eclipse project by using cmake:
Simply run cmake Eclipse generator inside the project folder as given below. This will add all the include paths correctly, and the only you should do is importing the project to the workspace via File->Import->General->Existing Projects into Workspace.
cmake -G"Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles"