I’ve improved the perception module and modified most of the classes considerably to have more manage-able and distributed structure. Here are the major changes:
- Replaced BoundingBox and Object classes with the arm_navigation_msgs::CollisionObject and Entity type structures, and modified most of modules correspondingly,
- Volumetric occupancy (volume intersection) based object similarity check routines have been added.
- Nested/merged box support added which enables us to track objects more reliably
- id assignment is done irrespective of the pose of the objects
- overall system performance increase from 3fps to ~15fps thanks to the kinect sensor, and other improvements in the filtering components
Here is a video from one of the tests: