Alias enables a replacement of a string by another. It is mainly used for abbreviating a system command, or for adding default arguments to a regularly used command. To create aliases you need to include them in your
.bashrc located in your home directory.
.bashrc is the file executed when you open a terminal for text-based interaction with the system from the command line.
Navigate down to the end and add these lines:
# Custom Aliases alias up='cd ..' alias up2='up && up' alias up3='up2 && up' alias up4='up3 && up' alias cd_catkin='cd ~/catkin_ws' alias killgazebo="killall -9 gazebo & killall -9 gzserver & killall -9 gzclient"
Getting a bitbucket synced ros package as an eclipse project
- Create Bitbucket repository
- Clone the repository in eclipse
- initiate a catkin workspace at the same folder
- Things to install in Ubuntu
source gotowork source gotoworksrc source gotoworkscripts
- they had to be called via source or ‘.’. Otherwise, scripts created for goto will not work as it does change the directory in a sub-shell, not affecting the parent shell where the user is active.
- To successfully execute those scripts, their virtual links should have been generated, and the original scripts should have been given +x access.
ROS Across Multiple Machines
on Windows (Guest machine, Installed on VMPlayer as kfuVLaptop):
call C:\opt\ros\hydro\x86\setup.bat roscore
On Linux (Host machine as kfuLaptop):
Example in win machine (In three shells):
call C:\opt\ros\hydro\x86\setup.bat roscore call C:\opt\ros\hydro\x86\setup.bat roslaunch msvc_runtime talker.launch call C:\opt\ros\hydro\x86\setup.bat roslaunch msvc_runtime listener.launch
Create Catkin Workspace
Navigate to a folder where you want to create the catkin workspace, e.g. home
mkdir -p ~/catkin_ws/src cd ~/catkin_ws/src catkin_init_workspace
cd ~/catkin_ws/ catkin_make
Create Eclipse Project ( Resource )
run the following command under <catkin_ws/build/hello_world>
cmake ../../src// -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../../install -DCATKIN_DEVEL_PREFIX=../../devel -G"Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles"
Create Catkin ROS Package
this assumes that catkin workspace is ~/catkin_ws
cd ~/catkin_ws/src catkin_create_pkg [depend1] [depend2] [depend3] cd ~/catkin_ws catkin_make . ~/catkin_ws/devel/setup.bash